Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Drive By Wisdom

I am a busy P.I. lately. Not that I'm complaining because when you love your work....and you have work... life is good. The only challenge is getting it all done. Most full time P.I.'s like me work 14 hour days. (I pulled two all-nighters in the past nine days.)
It's almost like fishing. Investigation has its seasons and this would be one of them. Many of my client's are seriously or catastrophically  injured. Some aren't lucky enough to survive the various accidents that befall them and I meet their grieving families.
After a life-altering injuring which the attorney's client isn't responsible or liable for....
when some other party is clearly at fault....
attorneys are willing to send me to their clients, to check out the case, the facts, investigate it....
the scene, the damage, the works. That keeps me on the road a whole lot.
When I get back home at night, the cases I worked that day must be written up.
There are photos to be processed and put together. Invoices. Then delivery to the attorney.
Some days are slow, some are moving at warp speed.

This one of those warp speed days for me and I didn't want to leave the blog unattended... especially since we started teaching a new year's P.I. class at the university last night. I know many of our new students will be stopping by this blog for the first time today. I want to say hello to all of them, invite whoever is game to stop by my FB wall and say hey. That's how we'll get to know each other better until my semester comes.

I told our students last night I use this blog and my FB wall as a business tool. My FB friend count reflects blog readership vs. real life friends. I want my students to see that P.I.'s are evolving in their cyber marketing tools and techniques.
And I want regular people, civilians, to know what P.I.'s really do. How ethical we are... how the good among us live, breathe, eat, sleep... justice.
Justice, being truth.
I have many detectives, police officers, media people, authors, soldiers, bounty hunter friends on Facebook.  To our students -- feel free to friend my friends and you will learn from them as well.

So I must work now.
I am closing today's post with a favorite quote.
I have "author unknown" though I suspect someone reading it will know who wrote it and let us know. Either way, I have always found this message inspiring. If you haven't heard it before, it's a keeper:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment