After much thought and consideration, I have decided to do something that I would not normally do. I typically don’t share my cases with the public. In this particular case, I believe that the public needs to be made aware of how an innocent person can be coerced into entering a plea to a charge that they are actually not guilty of. I believe that it is necessary to show these types of flaws in our Judicial System so that perhaps something can be done to correct them.
This post is about David Riley, a resident of Columbia, Missouri. Now before I go any further, I want to say a few things about David Riley. David Riley has had a rough life all of his life. David came up as an abused child and has made some bad decisions in his life, that have had some bad consequences for him. David Riley is not what one would call a “personable fellow”, he is “stand-offish”, and has a “rough exterior”. It is easy to want to dislike David Riley. But at the core of his personality, despite his exterior he is a generous person that does care about others. Make no mistake, if you were to meet David Riley and talk to him for just ten minutes, you’d probably come away not liking him. But you also would not have an accurate read on who David Riley really is.
On 09/29/2009 David Riley and Desiree Kemp went to the Ultra Mart at 2102 Paris Rd., Columbia, MO. 65202 to buy beer. David Riley had been drinking alcoholic beverages throughout the day. David seemed to be intoxicated, but he was not doing anything illegal. David had a designated driver that was sober.This was just a typical day for David Riley. He had been working at this car lot, had gotten off of work, started drinking, ran out of beer and went to the store to buy more beer. David Riley had a financial means to purchase his beer; he purchased his beer with a
Now I know that on the face, this article makes David Riley look like some sort of a “thug”; but understand that this article is not accurate. If you willFirst let me make my allegations as to what happened and what did not happen that night:
continuereading this I think I can give you an alternate view of what happened that night.
(1) David Riley was drunk and belligerent that night.Okay, for right now, I am just going to try to prove up these allegations as they pertain to the specific incident that occurred on the night of 09/29/2009.
(2) David Riley DID make an intimidating comment to the Undercover Officer that night.
(3) David Riley NEVER at anytime attempted to rob this Officer.
(4) David Riley initially believed that he was being robbed at the beginning of this incident.
(5) David Riley was completely compliant with this Officer’s commands once he realized that this was a Police Officer.
(6) David Riley at no time attempted to resist arrest.
(7) Officer Christopher Allen Hessenflow abused his authority as a Police Officer.
(8) Officer Christopher Allen Hessenflow did not identify himself as a Police Officer until after David Riley was already face down on the ground in complete compliance with the Officer.
(9) Officer Christopher Allen Hessenflow did not even attempt to handcuff David Riley while he was face down on the ground to try to safely control this situation.
(10) Officer Christopher Allen Hessenflow DID kick David Riley while he was on the ground and in complete compliance with his commands, so hard that it rolled David Riley over.
(11) After Officer Christopher Allen Hessenflow’s back up arrived, the Police Officers from the Columbia Police Department proceeded to beat David Riley so bad that they gave him a concussion, a black eye, and a fractured arm.
For now, I think the reader can see that there is a little more to this case than what the public has been made aware of. I am going to present this case in segments. This is the first segment titled “The Interesting Case Of David Riley; The Arrest” and I will be adding more information to this first segment in the near future. The next segment will be titled “The Interesting Case Of David Riley; The Prosecution” and we’ll examine some of the “dirty tricks” the Prosecutor used to scare David Riley into this ridiculous plea. It is my belief that what the prosecutor did in this case was so egregious that it bordered on Prosecutorial Misconduct.