Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's A 911 Day

I've been away from the blog for a few days because I've been dealing with a family medical emergency.
Now that things have settled down, I am moving back into work.
And today, my head runs to three digits...911.
Maybe because we're moving close to  the infamous date of 9-11 and the loss of so many lives at the hands of terrorists -- many of whom since have been taken down.
Another reason I keep running the number 911 through my head is because I ordered some 911 tapes for a client just now. They involve one lover calling  911 re: his lover's suicide... which some believe was murder.
And most important,  911 is in my head because if a medical emergency happens...
I know those three digits could mean the difference between life and death.

I listen to a lot of 911 tapes in the course of my work.
It was many moons ago that I came upon the following tape, which I find quite amazing, albeit grim.
Took me a while to find it again, so here it is.
The subject matter isn't pleasant, neither is the man making the call.
However, it is 100% real...
and that's what this blog is all about.
Reality. Which can often be quite disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment