Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Variation on Nigerian Check Scam

I feel compelled to post this letter here because it will show you the lengths people will go to  separate you you from your money.
This scam started two days ago, when I got this letter at DearPrivateEye@gmail.com and it said  "help!"
So I write back and say, "Help how?"
The letter came again. Two words.
"Help me."
So I write back again and ask "How can I help?"
The reply which I just got, I'll now cut and paste here.
It's the newest version of the Nigerian Check scam.
I will post my reply to him.
And I will end this whole blog post with a link to good site for learning more about Nigerian Check Scams.

Dear friend,

Thanks for your quick response and greetings to you in the name of
our heavenly God. This mail might come to you as a surprise and the
temptation to ignore it as unserious could come into your mind;
but please, consider it a divine wish and accept it with a deep sense
of humility. My name is John Kelly. I am a 55 years old man. I am
British living in Dubai (United Arab Emirate).I was a merchant and
owned two businesses in Dubai. I was also married with two children.
My wife and two children died in a car accident six years ago.
 
Before this happened my business and concern for making money was all
I lived for. I never really cared about other values in life. But
since the loss of my family, I have found a new desire to assist
helpless families. I have been helping orphans in orphanage/
motherless homes. I have donated some money to orphans in Sudan, South
Africa, Cameroon, Brazil, Spain, Austria, Germany and some Asian
countries. Before I became ill, I kept $2.5 Million in a long-term
deposit account at ING BANK London, United Kingdom.
 
Presently, I am in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment
for oesophageal cancer. I have since lost my ability to talk and my
doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live. It is my
last wish to see this money distributed to charity organizations.
Because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth
since my illness, I can not live with the agony of entrusting this
huge responsibility to any of them.
 
Please, I beg you in the name of God to help me collect the deposit
and the interest accrued from the company and distributes it amongst
charity organizations. Use your judgement to distribute the money and
feel free to reimburse yourself when you have the money for any cost
you incure during the process of collecting and distributing the money
to charity organizations.
 
I am willing to offer you a reward If you are willing to help;
please reply as soon as you can.
 
May the Good Lord bless you and your family.


Regards,
John Kelly
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear John:

I think it's really low of you to resort  to cancer and starving orphans as a way to prey upon others.
At least winning the lottery, or helping some former rulers in exile was creative.
This is plain pathetic.
John you are  a predator, a shark, and your lie is transparent.
I certainly will not help you in any way except the following two:
1. I will expose you on the internet.
2. I will forward this letter to a contact at the FBI. They hate cyber stalkers and crooks like you.

Also know... the internet cafe where you are sitting now reading this...
or maybe you are in one of those boiler plate rooms that sends mass emails like this...
they offer you no protection, no shield.
John, you can not hide anymore with the advanced capabilities of computer forensics.
You will be tracked and hunted down based on your email header... and you will feel grief rain down on you.
You will be stopped when it comes to the point when you face more legal and financial pain than pleasure by ripping people off.
Until then, have a lousy day. Many.

Not Your Private Eye

Link to: "Nigerian Scam Continues to Rip Off Millions"

1 comment: