Monday, April 12, 2010

Nurse Strangles Hitman

This story came to me from a friend who prefers to remain anonymous.
The is one of those friends you talk to on the cell phone during late night drive homes on long, unlit, stretches of highway.

At first, I listened to the story half-heatedly and cynically, treated like it was fiction.
Maybe that's because I hear so many intense stories and see so many dark things, I am innured to the brutalities humans inflict upon others.

Yet today, as I made my investigative rounds, my mind kept going back to the story my friend shared with me more than once.
It's  100% true, my friend insisted.

It went like this:
A husband  hired a hit man to kill his wife, a nurse, with a hammer.
Instead, the nurse turned the tables on the man who was  attempting to bash her brains in.
The nurse strangled the hit man to death in a chokehold.

The person who told me this story met the nurse.
Word is, my friend said,  a TV show, Dateline ID, Dateline Something or a show like "I Survived" is going to do a story on her. The problem was, my friend explained, she couldn't find any info about the case on the net.

That was all she had to say.

I found the info and forwarded it to my friend.
Now I'd like to share it with you because I was wrong.
This is a powerful,  true crime tale that says a whole lot about the will to survive.

Beyond that, I think if someone was coming at me with a hammer I wouldn't think of strangling them to death -- cutting off the airwaves as the nurse did,

It  happened a few years ago, yet remains relevant.
The husband was sentenced and will get out of jail.
Then what?

Here's her story.
Nurse vs. Hitman

No comments:

Post a Comment