Monday, February 22, 2010

"Serving Divorce Papers is Never Without Drama Or Humor"

This link  comes to you courtesy of my dear friend and fellow detective, Pandora, who found it in Pursuit Magazine.

Oddly, Pandora sent this to me today while I was trudging my way through a murky blog post I was attempting to write about domestic cases -- which include break-ups, divorces, custody, money, madness and murder.

Every time I begin to blog about a domestic or my theories on domestic cases, I'm bummed even before I start, so ignition is the biggest challenge.
Three paragraphs into it, I'm ready to call it day and lose myself in running a background check.

So this link from Pandora arrived just in the nick of time.

Link to "Pursuit Magazine"
Serving Divorce papers Is Never Without Drama or Humor

 First, though, a word of advice.

Do not divorce until you've exhausted all options including therapy.

When divorce is inevitable, so is domestic war.  There is no such thing as an amicable divorce.

When you have children, they are the greatest casualties of war so your job is to protect them. Everything you and your soon-to-be-ex do, must be in the best interests of the children.

Even without children,  you do not walk away unscathed, undamaged. That's why I'm hoping these books will help.

For those of you with specific divorce questions, here's a broad spectrum of info from Amazon.com. Info, which  collectively, will cost you less than and hour of a good divorce attorney's times. Read from these, THEN, you'll know what you need...and who you need... next.

No comments:

Post a Comment