Saturday, March 20, 2010

More On Morbid Art

Now I understand why TV shows have repeat seasons. There's  a whole lot of time required to redevelop and create material.
Same thing with a blog.
To be successful, a blogger must blog daily.
And for me, that would be a breeze, were I independently wealthy.
Alas, I am not.  Rather, I am just another cog in the human hive working for one of whichever higher power(s) we choose to work for.  Right now, I choose to work for food, shelter, clothing and some savings.  My tastes are simple. I am done acquiring.

Years ago, I was a writer before I became a P.I.
I lived in L.A., commuted to New York.  That was a hedonistic, exciting, ego-driven life.
How I became a P.I. and why, is a story unto itself. I haven't written that one here yet.
The point, however, is this: my work now is far more fulfilling.

And had not one door closed, another would not have opened.
Throughout our lifetimes we face many barriers, obstacles, hurdles.... some molehills, others mountains.

A death, divorce,  a move , a loss, an injury... anything can bring some of us so far down down we can't figure out which way is up. Meanwhile, other people seem to glide through life without a care in the world... unaware, oblivious, to the struggles of others.

I am writing this blog today before I begin my day's casework because  for many people, this is a weekend. A time to allegedly refresh, rejuvenate, revive ourselves for the coming week.
And that's what led me to the concept of re-posting a link I put up here when I first started this blog...
way before people even read it.

What I like about this link is not just the subject matter.
Rather, I am impressed by the artist's abilities, creativity, and follow through.
So to those of you who have already seen Patricia Waller's work, I apologize for the repeat link that follows.
For those who haven't, just think.
This was an idea is the artist's head that became quite big simply because she had the courage, talent and savvy to act on her inner vision.
In this world of ours, ideas are a dime a dozen.
Turning ideas into reality, that's the challenge this artist rose to.
That's the challenge we all must rise to in this new... and to many... frightening economy.
Click on the link below and enjoy.
Or not.
The choice is yours.

Go to Morbid Crochet Art by Patricia Waller
http://inventorspot.com/articles/yarn_art_26037

No comments:

Post a Comment