Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"When to Hire A PI For A Cheating Mate"

When someone calls me and says "I think my (whatever) is cheating," the first thing I say back is "Why do you think that?"

They give me their reasons, lists of behaviors... and unless fraud or theft is involved... one of my standard replies usually follows.

"They're cheating."
I pause for effect, then continue.
"When you think someone is cheating... and it sure sounds like they are, then.... they are cheating. Surveillance is expensive and you may need that money for a divorce attorney. "

Often, my response does not go over well. The good thing about my profession, being a P.I., is I can be as truthful, cynical and cranky as I want.

"You're in denial" I tell them when they go on with the things the cheating partner is doing.

And then I soften the blow. Because what I can't deny is their need to know for themselves. They need someone else to tell them. They don't trust their gut.

So I found this piece this morning. This is what I consider one of the best ones. Yes, there are thousands of articles and lists out there on the subject. And yes, there's a book being sold linked to the article, there usually is. Yet the article does a great job of summing the whole thing up without needing to buy the book.

So if I get this blogging thing right, not only will the title of this post link you to the article, but so will some words which will magically appear when I push the publish button. It's from "The Carolina Investigator" Here goes...

When to hire PI for cheating mate

No comments:

Post a Comment