Saturday, December 19, 2009

Help Mom Find Her Two Daughters

I have thought long and hard about posting this here.

Then I talked long and hard with the missing girls' mother. She wanted me to write this. She also wanted me to link this to her My Space Page, which I still haven't decided I will do until I actually finish writing this.

This mom, we will call her Mama, has not seen her daughters since they were little kids.

The girls were taken from their home by DSHS at age 7 and age 3 after a female neighbor accused Mama of sexually assaulting them. The neighbor was the only witness.

The neighbor was an alcoholic and recreational pain pill user. She was definitely a liar, a psycho... and likely remains a liar and psycho if she is still alive

I have the entire case file here. The chain-smoking, beer-drinking neighbor's testimony and statements...her whole lie...was based on jealously and resentment towards my client and her husband.

This was because the neighbor, who was single and promiscuous, had the hots for the girl's Mama's husband.
I believe, in her own deluded/demented way, it's possible psycho neighbor thought if she could get mom out of the picture, she could get the kids and dad.

The Prosecutor believed her bull. Despite the fact she was the only alleged witness... the judge ruled in the liar's favor.... and DSHS took the kids out of the home. Mama meantime, was convicted of child rape and sentenced.

There is nothing I have ever read in the case file, not word one from the kids about any negative feelings or fear towards their folks. Their feelings of love appeared to me spontaneous and unprepared statements of fact they shared with a number of social workers, psychologists, teachers. Yet somehow, life deals random and cruel blows to good people and these kids got the brunt of it -- swallowed by the same system that incarcerated an innocent woman for raping her two daughters.

I met Mama when I was investigating an injury case.
She asked if I might consider helping her find her daughters.
The girls are now 26 years old and 21 years old.
Mom was still trying to find them.

They have had their social security numbers changed and have been adopted out. We believe they are in Oregon because one of the girls called her mom a while back briefly (from a blocked number), said she and her sister lived close to each other in Oregon. The daughter mentioned having two children. Then someone at the daughter's end slammed down the phone.

So here's the deal.

When mom called me about this case. I looked up mom's records. She was indeed charged and convicted as a sex offender/rapist. I therefore believed she was both and refused the case. She said the conviction was overturned and begged me to probe further.

She explained there were other lawyers, appeals, trials and the Supreme Court involved. She said the State Supreme Court overturned the child rape charges and said the kids should not have been adopted out. She said she had everything, all the records.

We met at a work site where she and her fiance were laying a wood floor. She handed me a file, thick with info -- -- including the Supreme Court reversal's of Mama's conviction. Follow-up motions by other attorneys point to the state's grave error in separating Mama and daughters.

Mama has no money to pay for an investigation.... but then again, who really does?
However, since she was without work, power at home and gas for her car, I told her I'd take on the case pro bono. I've been working it ever since. This is year 2.

We have invoked the Freedom of Information act to no avail. I made countless calls to occials. Actually knocked at doors where records are held and tried to talk my way in. We have followed every legal legitimate channel open to us.

I would get her on one those Unsolved Mysteries, Dateline, One of those Reunited shows in a heartbeat...however... I do not want her false criminal record to surface without explanation.
I told her I could see the headlines now "Convicted Rapist Seeks Children"

It is for this reason, we are now hitting message boards, adoption boards, geneologist. We are reaching out to our own grass roots cyber community to see if we can reunite this mother with her children.

But first...
more information you need to know before jumping into this fray.

The reason for the sexual assault charge is because the little girl said Mama looked at her privates and put "poison" in there. As I read psychiatrists and social workers reports and interviews of the girls, it was apparent the word "poison" came from the psycho neighbor who turned the good Mama in.

Turned out one little girl developed severe Scarlet Fever which turned into a major internal and external rash requiring a swabbing of salve inside and out several times a day. Mama was told by her doctor to look at it closely every day to make sure it didn't get worse.

It was after the outbreak of Scarlett Fever and the application of the ointment...when the psycho lady, who knew about the Scarlett Fever treatment, told DSHS the little girl said Mama put "poison on her private parts"

The kids denied their Mama ever hurt them and said Mama explained the medicine was "for making me better."

The girls were young when forcibly taken from their home by the state of Washington.
The girls may believe the sexual abuse story they have been fed by whomever -- which is why the situation is one that must be handled delicately.

If anyone out there in Oregon knows a girl aged 26 named Kristal, or a girl 21, named Ronda who was adopted, it would be great if they email me at sludwig.pi@gmail.com or Facebook me. I can get you or your leads to Mama.

Their first and middle names at birth were Kristal Lea and Ronda Kay. I'm hoping they kept their first names.
I think Kristal may go by Krissy. She was born in Wyoming, on 3/12/83.
Rhonda was born in Washington on 3/7/88.
I can link them to their mothers Facebook page where she has their baby pictures.
I do not want to violate their privacy by posting that link here.

That... by the way... is how ethical P.I.'s work.

When someone hires us to find someone... and if we find them...
we never hand over the address, phone or personal info of the person we locate.... unless the person wants to meet the person finding them.

Too many P.I.'s have led stalkers and killers to victims. Not this one.

While I have known the Mama of these two girls and would trust her, truly, with my own kids, I still treat all locates within the letter of the law. That's the best way to keep a detective license and keep all parties safe.

My hope tonight is someone in Oregon or Washington may read, then send this little article around.... and we may be able to unite these girls and their mom by the New Year.

If not, it was certainly worth a try.
Nothing venture, nothing gained.

3 comments:

  1. Probably the only piece of information still current with the girls is the dates of birth. Adoptees are typically issued new birth certificates, but the original dates of birth remain the same. If there was some way to look at all the babies born in Washington on those dates you could have a lead. Perhaps you have done this.

    Another possibility: get a writ of mandamus to require the state and the adoptive families to transmit a letter to the girls thereby leaving the choice of contact in their hands. There will undoubtedly be an expense for a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG my heart goes out to these girls and to you - what a Christmas story - attagirl - bring them home to their momma my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, you got a heart of gold. And david, you've got a brilliant idea with the write of mandamas. still waiting for call and email back from mom, who lost her job and moved to a small town with minimal contact.

    ReplyDelete